Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Ford expedition and have replaced the blower…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Ford expedition and have replaced the blower motor, resistor and climate control module. The heater will now work but not on high. It comes on when using the high setting but immediately goes off. You have to turn the heater off and back on for it to come back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No, the heater works fine on on all speeds except high.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced the fan blower motor, the heater switch reisistor, and the climate control module.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I know about

2/16/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

On high is the blower dropping to a lower speed or physically turning off?

It is physically turning off

Thanks, ***** ***** the tests for manual and auto blower issues per Ford.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw2xuf0dk53clb6/testQ.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov36i9vrh6k8e6k/testS.pdf?dl=0

I believe this is going to be a weak ground, but I need to know if you have manual or auto climate control.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

The fan blower does come on the high setting but only for a second or so, then it goes off. It is like something is sensing a problem with the high setting????

I need to know if you have manual or auto climate control?

The display is digital and I can change the temp and fan speed. You can set the temp and it will come on and go off automatically if left alone.

Can you set a different temp for the driver and passenger?

OKay you have auto.

The blower on, and set to high but not working. At the blower is the yellow/green wire powered? At the blower speed control is the black/white wire showing resistance to ground?

I am not at the vehicle now. I will have to check later, perhaps this weekend. Is there a way I can get back with you?
I have to leave my computer now, but can you let me know how to get back with you perhaps next week? You can do so by emailing me? I can check my email by phone.

Just log in and reply when ready.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician