Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2007 Shelby GT and i am trying to replace the front…

Customer Question
I own a 2007...

I own a 2007 Shelby GT and i am trying to replace the front seats with seats from a 2011 GT/CS. I have the driver seat in with no issue. The issue is the passenger seat and the OCS system. The OCS module is different from '05-'09 to 2010+. I would prefer to not swap all the OCS components from my stock seat to the 2011 seat. I read on here that the OCS has to be replaced as a kit (cushion, sensor and module) The difference i see in the module between the model years is there is no BTS_RTN on C3043 pn 13 for the passenger tension sensor. I'm wondering if it is functionally possible to install the 2011 seat as-is and just ground pin 2 on C3238 since the 2011 OCSM is lacking the BTS_RTN? (i realize all the other pins on the C300 connector need to be re-pinned for functionality of the seat...i know it's physically the same connector but not direct plug and play)

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Passenger safety belt tension sensor and OCS system. no codes yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i haven't tried anything yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
2/16/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I am sorry no one has helped yet. This is not my strongest area but I am willing to try and help if help is still needed.