Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My headlights do not eork. I have checked the fuses, all are…

My headlights do not...

My headlights do not eork

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

I have checked the fuses, all are good. bulbs are good, replaced the headlight switch. Runnung lights tail lights work but no headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 ford f450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am checked fuses, replaced switch, checked bulbs but still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of

2/14/2018
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

It may be the Multifunction switch (wiper/turn signal switch).

The headlight circuit goes through the switch.

Pull the switch back and then forward and see if the high beams come on or the high beam indicator in the instrument cluster lights up.

I have tried that as well and there is still nothing
I am not working vehicle at this moment I was searching help on line and came across this and wanted to see if I could get any information and try again to fix it tomorrow

No problem, I will be on line tomorrow evening after I get off of work at my dealership?
Did you replace the turn signal/wiper switch also?

are you still there
No I did not

Yes.

Wanted to do some more research before aimlessly replacing parts. Replaced the 137 dollar switch and it didn't help

Do that test I stated. The contacts inside the switch may be fouled out and that will cause the headlights to be inop. Also, check the wiring connectors to it and make sure the wires are still in the connectors.

I would rather not call right now. Should I replace the stalk?

Do the test I stated and see if the high beams come on and the high beam indicator in the instrument cluster lights up first. The check the wiring connectors and the wiring to the switch. Do not replace anything just yet.

Also, read over the pin point test below first and let me know if you have any questions.

We can also talk tomorrow on this post.

10-4. I'll check it tomorrow. Thank you

Your welcome. Talk to you tomorrow.

A. Penland