Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The horn stays on and the air bag light stays on. Will the…

Customer Question
The horn stays on...

The horn stays on and the air bag light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Will the clock spring make the horn go off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 ford f 350 lariat dually 4/4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled the air bag to see if any thing broken

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
2/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

The spiral cable can cause this, or it can cause the horn to stop working. The fact that the air bag light is on and the horn won't stop blowing really shows there is a short in the spiral cable.

I would pull the horn relay to prevent the battery from draining. This is located in the central junction box to the left of the steering wheel and should be labeled as such.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Do you have more questions for me on this?