Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ROUGH IDLE @ STOP IN DRIVE..RUNS GREAT ANY OTHER TIME.

Customer Question
ROUGH IDLE @ STOP...

ROUGH IDLE @ STOP IN DRIVE..RUNS GREAT ANY OTHER TIME

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

SOMETIMES i DON'T EVEN NOTICE...OTHER TIMES ITS VRY NOTICIBLE...IF i PUT IT INTO NUETRAL IT ALMST GOES AWAY ENRIRELY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

06 LIOMITED 4WD 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I JUST HAD THE 2 DOWN O2 SENSORS REPLACED (HAD CODES)...REPLACED FRONT RITE SIDE HUB ASS'Y...PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE RPM RELATED...HIGHER RPMS ITS FINE...JUST @ IDLE SITUATIONS AND MORE PRONOUNCED WHILE IN DRIVE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

IS THIS GOING TO COST ME...i JUT STUMBLED ONTO THIS SITE

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
2/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! This question is 30$ would you lie to continue?

y

y

just looking for some ideas that I can add to my own...my skill level is an eight on a 1-10 scale...been a electro - mechanic in the printing industries for the last 42+ years, been messin' w/autos since I was 16... if the body lets me , I can still do alot

My orgnial question was to you that the this question costs 30$ if you would like to continue?

I just sent you $28 in PayPal now you want another 30?... What happened to my $5 deposit that the girl said this was going to cost me to start a conversation...that's what this conversation started at ...are you guys running some kind of a scam on me ... I was just looking for a couple of ideas that I could work, and $5 sounded great now we're up to 60 bucks I might as well take it to a mechanic so what gives thank
How much will a phone call cost me another 26 bucks??

its just the 28 thats it nothing more nothing less

Well I sent you $28 via PayPal and every time you answer me it tells me want to switch to a lie phone call amount $26 and then it says call me so if I hit this button it's going to cost me another $26 to talk to you and then I'm not then let's do this verbally with text it don't have a lot of money I got laid off a month ago and it's not like the car is not drivable it runs great it's just vibrating at low idle I think I know what the problem is and I'm just looking for a little expert advice to backup my suspicions thank you
Ron, ASE Certified Technician