Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

4x4 wont engage. 02 ford expadition. And have not done

Customer Question
4x4 wont engage Mechanic's...

4x4 wont engage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

02 ford expadition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and have not done nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Turn the switch on to the 4x4 lights flash 3 times then stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

4x4 high and 4x4 low just flash

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
2/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford master tech and I would be happy to assist you with this today.

If you are seeing 3 flashes from the lights then that is letting us know there is a DTC saved from the transfer case shift motor. The shift motor on these is a very common failure. If you have access to a multimeter then we can perform a few voltage tests just to make sure all of our wires/power/ground is good

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician