Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Ford Taurus, 176,000 miles. Sometimes will not…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Ford Taurus, 176,000 miles. Sometimes will not start but rather will give out a coughing, rattling sound. Then it may start on the third try, or may not..

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Noise is from the engine. Noise for the last month. I haven't driven it but 3 or 4 times. Afraid I can't. My repair garage can't find the problem. When they are ready to hook it up to a computer, the darn thing starts for them.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not me. A very good garage has tried. They put new coils wherever coils are suppose to be. I went down to pick the car up and it did not start the first time for me and they tried and it coughed and shuttered the first time they tried.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Is the check engine light on when it's running?