Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 ford fusion. No brakes what so ever. Changed all brake…

2010 ford fusion. No brakes...
2010 ford fusion. No brakes what so ever. Changed all brake pads 3 different master cylinders and the mechanical part of the abs module. Seems like there is no pressure at the master when I crack a line barley any fluid comes out
1/28/2018
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Your saying no fluid comes out of the new master cylinder at all when bleeding it right at the master cylinder?

Some fluid. Nothing like I feel should.

Have you tried bench bleeding the master cylinder?

Yeah. Seems like when i first installed it back on the vehicle it had some pressure (nothing like it should) than i pressure bled and did the abs purge like 10 times then lost all pedal again

Regardless of the ABS, there should be plenty of fluid coming out of the master cylinder directly when cracking the line and pushing down on the brake pedal. If not, then that's the problem. I would check the brake pedal bracket inside the vehicle for any cracks, defects or bending/flexing when stepping on the brake and check the push-rod length, size and application to ensure it is applying plenty of pressure on the master cylinder when stepping on the brake pedal.

Will check that out tonight or tomorrow and will let you know my findings.Thanks

Your welcome! I am glad I can help! Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hope it works. I've been fighting with this car for almost a month now. Customer is starting to get a little irritated to say the least

I hear you! I will be here if you have any further questions.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN