Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alternator is not charging the battery. Brand new tested…

Customer Question
Alternator is not charging...

Alternator is not charging the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes brand new tested 13.2V 823Peak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Ford F100

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’ve cleaned and reconnected all wires and grounds, faulty plugs have been replaced/ or crimped with new ones, new battery new fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 4 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

May I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!