Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 Ford Focus random warning light that says hood is open…

2012 Ford Focus random warning...
2012 Ford Focus random warning light that says hood is open and random car alarm goes off if I lock the car. I had the recall ompleted at dealer for door switches a few weeks ago. I have looked at switch next to hood latch, cleaned and inspected wiring. Helped for about two weeks but has now started it again.
1/22/2018
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The door latch recall did not include the hood latch. If you intermittently have no contact to the hood latch then it is most likely a bad contact in the hood latch switch. Since cleaning it helped for a while i would recommend replacing the hood latch switch.

Is this a dealer item only? Would you have a part number for it?

This is a dealer item only and i have no listing on the part in my manual. The dealer would also have the latest part number by using your VIN number to get correct part.

Jaybird61