Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having an issue with my power steering, Probably not for…

Customer Question
I'm having an issue...

I'm having an issue with my power steering,

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Probably not for a long time, yes and it is very hard to turn the wheel....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 ford escape hybrid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am going to try, a lot of mechanics are scared because it is a hybrid, I haven't tried anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

First of all, the truck has electric power steering, there isn't any fluid to check.

Secondly, there is a recall for this problem. This might be covered under the recall for you. HERE is a link to the recall and I would contact Ford before you do anything. Give them your VIN and they should be able to let you know if the recall has been done and if your car is covered under this recall.

There is not a lot you can do on your own with this setup. You can check the fuses to make sure the power steering control module is getting power.

10 amp fuse #35 on the fuse box inside the car and 80 amp fuse labeled MIDI in the fuse box under the hood.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.

Thank you so much!