Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2004 F250 4x4 stuck in low 4x4. Fixing myself if…

I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 F250 4x4 stuck in low 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself if possible, unsure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Batteries good, lights work fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried putting in neutral and applying brakes before switching to 2wd, no luck.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Auto shift or manual shift on floor

what is vin# ***** i look up correct system & be accurate

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
manual with electronic switch for 4x4, dont have vin# ***** me now. Trying to fix myself. Had been stuck in 4x4 high for a day, then tryed switch to 4x4 low and then back, now wont go out of 4x4 low.

are the lights still light up on the 4x4 ?

click on link to view pdf file ,for relay location, not sure which one you have since no vin # now ,but this both location ?

we also have a mode switch on some cases ,check that if yours have it again

sorry i can not confirm with out a vin#

do you have ford capable scanner that can read 4wd control module faults ?

lets start here and we go from there

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am not with vehicle now. I will check type later. Anything you can tell me to try later?

also try this simple reset before anything it case was glitch

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

READ BELOW HOW TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WHEN WITH VEHICLE AND WE CAN CONTINUE

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks! Ill let you know how I make out, may do phone call later once I am home.

yes no problem i can call you later , there is other stuff we can do but lets start here ,let me know

you welcome

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
At home tried Master Reset with no luck. VIN IFTNW21P74ED34451
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Please send last response to ***@******.***. My phone cannot open your last response

ok sounds good

i will email him

Send me that email again

this one no good :***@******.***.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Try again***@******.***

Sorry no good, maybe it is on my end ,not sure why

I will opt out of the question and open to other experts to assist you on it maybe they can have better luck on it

Please do not reply back to me since it will lock question to my screen and other expert want see it to assist you ,juts wait and another expert will pick up post

good luck with it

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Different tech here. Would you like me to try and help?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I no longer need help. I don't have time to fix myself so took truck to garage

Do you want to close the post or me to do it. Also please do not rate good nor bad since you no longer need help.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Please close post. I will rate

Closing now.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician