Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery drains repeatedly on 1999 Crown Vic; new batt, new…

Customer Question
Battery drains repeatedly on...

Battery drains repeatedly on 1999 Crown Vic; new batt, new alternator don't help. mechanic can't track down what is pulling either. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

It's a new battery (nov 2017); new alternator. i did not check with a voltmeter. i pulled it a few days ago and set it on charger. put charged battery in car this afternoon, drove around for a couple of hours. went to supermarket, and indicator was way down when i came back to car 45 minutes later.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Ford?

Crown Vic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has been serviced by a local mechanic in Champaign, IL for the last 3-4 years. Before that, it was serviced by mechanic shops in Gainesville, FL and Knoxville, TN. service upkeep has been good, as I've had the car for nearly 18 years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some problem with drive train shows up on diagnostic app i use. major/minor work performed as necessary, e.g., belt, air, injectors. for awhile, windows stopped working, but new battery/alternator took care of that. then, alternator was replaced, and windows work now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Would you like a test to help pinpoint the battery draw?

is it a q & a test?

It is a test that I provide to you so that you can help pinpoint the battery draw.

i am ok with typing.

Ok, sounds good.

Would you like the test?

is this an online call or do i use a land line phone?

I can call you on any number you wish to chat on or we can keep chatting on this page like this.

ok call me at(###) ###-####
Are you still there? I did not receive a phone call

Please accept my offer and call me now

You first said you would call me, now you want me to call you and pay $5 more?

Phone calls are extra. $5 is the lowest amount I can send over a phone call for. The site wont let me send it over for any less.

Otherwise, we can continue on this page.

Please cancel all

All cancelled.