Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery died in my expedition and my keyless entry wont…

My battery died in...

My battery died in my expedition and my keyless entry wont work is there anything else I can do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes the battery in my fob is good cause it tries to start my car

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Expedition?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried the key pad on the door, and automatic starter will not unlock the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there anyway to unlock the hood without popping open from the inside

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

No way to get under the hood without getting in the inside, do you not have a physical key ?

I have an automatic starter on my car and apparently my battery went dead and I now can't get into my car , by the fob or key pad on door, trying to get hood opened on car to jumpstart but can't open the hood

It's locked in the car..

you can try using a pair pf jumpers on the engine block for ground and starter main wire under the vehicle that should get enough power to unlock the door

I need to go under the car is this what your saying?

correct

Ok my husband is going to try that.. is this the only possible way of getting in car?

they make a few door lock kits

https://www.galls.com/bigeasy-glo-lockout-tool-kit?PMSRCE=GAPLA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2ZzaiPbd2AIVh4-zCh3pDQLhEAQYAiABEgJ_ovD_BwE

you can also go to the dealer with your registration or proof of ownership and have a dummy key made from your vin

It worked thank you sooo much..

sure thing!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician