Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have ford fusion 2016 with 50.000 mile one owner

Customer Question
I have ford fusion...

I have ford fusion 2016 with 50.000 mile one owner maintained well . how common is the transmission shifter cable to brake and have to be replaced . Does this happen very often?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

Don't know the service tech said the cable broke and it would cost 790.00 to replace.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, its at the dealer . it seams like this could be factory defect.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/16/2018
Ford Mechanic: Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Do you have your VIN available? Have you had any other work done to your fusion recently?

Just for clarification you were told you need a shifter cable, not the shifter assembly itself. Is this correct?