Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have ford fusion 2016 with 50.000 mile one owner

Customer Question

I have ford fusion 2016 with 50.000 mile one owner maintained well . how common is the transmission shifter cable to brake and have to be replaced . Does this happen very often?
JA: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?
Customer: don't know the service tech said the cable broke and it would cost 790.00 to replace.
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, its at the dealer . it seams like this could be factory defect.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Do you have your VIN available? Have you had any other work done to your fusion recently?

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Just for clarification you were told you need a shifter cable, not the shifter assembly itself. Is this correct?