Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition. It leaks water on passenger…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition. It leaks water on passenger side need firewall. I suspect its heater core. Been leaking for a while. Now my car won’t start. I put new battery changed alternator a few month ago. I think it’s starter. I think starter is in the same location as the water leak. Which one would be the problem or should I replace both. If it’s the heater core is that difficult to replace

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Yes it’s water. Because I have to keep filling reservoir. Leaking on passenger side near firewall

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Can’t afford mechanics. I’ve already changed battery belts water pump thermostat and alternator in last six months

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/16/2018
Ford Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Just so that I have a clear understanding, is the water leak inside or outside the vehicle?