Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Was traveling down the road, transmission quit. put in

Customer Question
Was traveling down the...

Was traveling down the road, transmission quit. put in clutch, when disengaged motor died

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No problem before today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1993 Ford Ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes have a manual which was no help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
1/14/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 4 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Will the motor crank over now and not start? Or does the motor not even crank over?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician