Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

THE BATTERY LIGHT IS ON AND CODE P132A. NEW BATTERYS AND…

Customer Question
THE BATTERY LIGHT IS...

THE BATTERY LIGHT IS ON AND IM GETTING CODE P132A

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

YES NEW BATTERYS AND ALTERNATOR PUTTING OUT 14.5

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Ford?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES AND NOTHING truck has been deleted so I figure ford will try to charge me , only 70,000 on the truck

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

model and engine size, please?

f350 supewr duty 6.7l diesel
codes p132a and p0620
battery light just started coming on boost light been coming on since deleted

standby

sorry, I don't work on diesels.I'mm going to open this up to the others

Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 7 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello let me get some info for you.

Roy

what diagnostics have been done???

620

Normal Operation

The PCM monitors the generator output via the generator monitor (GENMON) circuit. The PCM uses the generator command (GENCOM) circuit to command the generator to either increase or decrease output. If the GENCOM circuit (generator control circuit) or the "A" sense circuit are open or shorted to ground, the PCM will not be able to control the generator output. When the engine speed is greater than approximately 2,000 rpm, the generator defaults to a steady voltage output of approximately 13.5 volts and the PCM sends a message over the High Speed Controller Area Network (HS-CAN) to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) through the Body Control Module (BCM) to illuminate the charging system warning indicator lamp.

- DTC P0620 (Generator Control Circuit)- The PCM sets this DTC if the GENCOM circuit or "A" sense circuit is open or shorted to voltage or ground.

This pinpoint test is intended to diagnose the following:

- Fusible link

- Wiring, terminals or connectors

- Generator

- PCM

132a

P132A

ItemDescription

Symptom/DTCP132A

Descriptor

Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Electrical

Probable Causes

• Harness Connection Incorrect
  • Turbocharger Actuator Damaged
  • Variable Geometry Turbocharger Control (VGTC) Circuit Open
  • Variable Geometry Turbocharger Control (VGTC) Circuit Short to Ground
  • Variable Geometry Turbocharger Control (VGTC) Circuit Short to Voltage
Ok so the turbo charger didn't go off until the truck was deleted so how do I fix the problems ?

you need to have the charging system checked to find the failure. there is no one line answer as diagnostics need to be done to find the failure.

the delete has affected the turbo code. I know you dont want to hear this but I would have never done the delete. that has always caused issues. we always re program back to original.