Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 gt trunk wont open car is running the buglar alarm went…

Customer Question
2013 gt trunk wont...

2013 gt trunk wont open car is running the buglar alarm went off and i started the car with key and the alarm went off the key fob battery was dead and i just replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The fob will work know the car starts by push button and locks and unlocks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing try yet and yes my self i live 3 hr from Bentley dealership. I build re build cars so working on one no problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I there a alarm mode where the boot is locked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Pk
How lobg is this going to take
Answered in 3 days by:
1/17/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the trunk latch itself.If the trunk latch has an internal electrical fault or mechanical fault to where it will not release this issue will occur here.You may have to have a lock smith or mechanic come out and use their tools to open the trunk then check/test the latch from there to see if it needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete