Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have 2014 F 150 eco-boost with the 6 speed transmission.

Customer Question
I have 2014 F...

I have 2014 F 150 eco-boost with the 6 speed transmission. Max tow package and 3.73 rear end, 74,000 miles. On the third day of towing a 6200 lb. trailer out to Arizona, I started encountering something like I was hitting a bump when there were no bumps. Th engine light came on twice, but upon stoping and restarting the truck, the light went off. The engine seems to run fine. Since I’ve parked the trailer, I occasionally get slippage when accelerating from a dead stop. What do you think? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

It has never stalled. I’m going to have a transmission shop run a diagnostic test this week.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Ford?

XTR 4x4. Made in Canada I think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just contacted a transmission shop to look at it. No work done myself. Ford dealer did the 60,000 check up and all ok.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 month ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you scanned for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Prefer your response via email. Getting codes scanned in a few days.

thats what we are doing .. any offers that come thru are site automated and not from me....

do you have access to a scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m getting a scan done on Thursday at a transmission shop. Thought you might have knowledge of my happenings. Is it all dependent on the scan?

sounds like tranny failure slippage is not a good sign...but codes would confirm if the trans module sees the slipping...most parts stores like auto zone will scan for free

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will check it out tomorrow.

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Auto Zone did not have the equipment to do a proper scan so they referred me to a AAA transmission shop down the road where they scanned all 17 computers in the truck and reset them. They initially test drove the vehicle and was able to reproduce the slippage while monitoring with equipment inside the truck. Seems to be running ok now, but returning in two weeks to have retested.

nice was there any codes? some time the autozone scan will give a idea..but they do not use a pro grade scanner

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy