Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Front heater fan not working. Coolant level is good.

Customer Question
Front heater fan not...

Front heater fan not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level is good. temostat seems to be ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 Freestyle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freestyle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed it this morning hopping it is an simple fix \i can do myself

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
1/13/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

does it work on any speeds? have you tried tapping it while moving the control speed?

Fans doesn't work at any speed. I tried manually.
The indicator on the dash shows that it is on high speed

ok with key on and blower on high, check power on orange/black wire and resistance to ground on yellow red wire and let me know what you get

Ron, ASE Certified Technician