Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Good battery new alternator but not charging 2003 ford f150.

Good battery new alternator...

Good battery new alternator but not charging 2003 ford f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is good took growing off battery truck died

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change alternator and tested useable link

1/12/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** engine do you have in thia?

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
4.6
Phone call session started
I have 12 volts on 2 wire not on little one middle

do you have 12 on the big orange/black wire?

then the alternator is bad, nothing else, the 2 outers have the exciter voltage, and the black/orange wire has power, if it is not charging, then it is a bad alternator, where did you get it from?

Napa
But it's doing same sameb same thing as old one

Yu said when you first put it on, it was charging, then yesterday, the light cam eon and it wasnt??

No I installed it this morning
I t is getting too cold and wet to do more
Thanks for your time i take it to shop in morning

Anytime my friend,Tim