Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My truck 's altenator died then killed battery now starter…

My truck 's altenator...

My truck 's altenator died then killed battery now starter won't turn over the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine turn over at all? Is this the original starter?

No, I changed starter because I thought that was the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 ford f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , we don't have mechanical shop in our home town and no one seems to know what is wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The electrical maybe the problem don't know

1/10/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you had the battery tested?

I bought a new battery because the one that was in it died completely

OK have someone try to crank and when they do measure voltage at both starter wires the main power and the signal and let me know what voltage you get

the starter cliks but motor doesn't turn over

I don't see any answers as yet

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Phone call session started