Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2003 Ford Taurus SES with about 82,000 original…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Ford Taurus SES with about 82,000 original miles on it and when I have been driving on the highway for more that 30 minutes and when I come to a stop sign or stop light, I notice that the car has an irregular miss. I have had it checked out back in August by our own long time mechanic. He checked first to see if it was spark plugs, spark plug wires and coil etc and found nothing. Then he checked the transmission and replaced the filter and put in new fluid, but it still will miss. I personally think it is the transmission and is a vaccum leak of some kind. Can you offer any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most cars have two fuse panels. Which are you looking for -- under the dash or under the hood?

It is under the hood.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just explained in detail what I have done to fix my car in my initial email.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing more, thank you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 1 month ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** the engine light turns on or flashes on and of when this happens?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician