Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 ford superduty 175,000 new to me 7.3 auto 4x4 crew cab…

Customer Question
2002 ford superduty 175,000...

2002 ford superduty 175,000 new to me 7.3 auto 4x4 crew cab long bed. drive line vibration @ 45-50 vibration. vibration stops above 50 was no vibs all the way up to 90mph. vibs return at 50- clear at 45. vibration is constant with speed held at 45-50. removed front drive shaft. no change. rear drive shaft, was damaged replace 3 u joints and carrier bearing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cab?

02

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

See above

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
1/9/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When the vibration is occurring at its worst. If you swerve aggressive but safe does it have any effect?

If you remove the rear driveshaft and run the vehicle in 4 high with the front axle pulling the vehicle, does this make a difference?

I will have to check and get back to you regarding those questions

I assumed that would be the case and that is okay.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris, Didn't have a chance to check those items yet, weather related delays, do have a question regarding Ford TSB's
Shudder or Vibration on acceleration TSB 09-20-5 this applies to 2008-2010 F-250, F-350. This article supersedes TSB 9-4-9 to up date vehicle model years. Can you get a copy of TSB 9-4-9 I'd like to know if it applies to my year truck. if so can you send me a copy? My truck is going to the dealer on Monday 15 Jan 2018 for this problem and other work thank you again.
Dave

Once a TSB is superseded, that TSB is no longer available. Here is the TSB https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc6szhjp6llx6y8/92015.pdf?dl=0

This TSB does not apply to your year model.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician