Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Diesel exhaust smell inside the cab in my '06 250 super

Diesel exhaust smell inside...

Diesel exhaust smell inside the cab in my '06 250 super diesel 6.0

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Original engine. don't know when it was last serviced. just got it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The truck has modified exhaust pipes behind the cab

1/9/2018
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now.....

there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) about that specific problem TSB 05-13-9.

the exhaust manifold gasket are suspect. but a smoke test will have to be performed in order to verify.

Cesar Jimenez
Thank you Cesar. Very helpful!

thank you have a good day