Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just driving home, put my 2008 Expedition in 4x4 auto -

Customer Question
Just driving home, put...

Just driving home, put my 2008 Expedition in 4x4 auto - after a few minutes the “4x4 auto”light went out - what now ? (It will not come back on in 4x4 auto or 4x4full, but will come on in 4x4 low.)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened and I have not tried anything - where should I start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Nope it started and runs fine could it be the terminals

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When you start the vehicle do all the 4x4 lights come on?

When in low range do you get a reduced gear ratio?

Have not checked either of these.

Let me know when you can

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris