Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Ford Focus. Suddenly the power windows and the…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Ford...
I have a 2000 Ford Focus. Suddenly the power windows and the windshield wipers will not work. The horn, heater blower, interior lights and radio are working fine. What could be the problem and solution.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
1/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
martyzs180
martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there and welcome to JA.COM i will try to assist you with your problem,as this is an american car i am not sure if its the same as the uk ford focus,but the electrics should be the same,the first thing i would check is the fuses,either in the engine bay or under the glove box,give me 5 mins and i will try to locate them for you,kindest regards ***** ***** is this a diesel or petrol also what size engine.

Hi there, i need to know more about your car please petrol or diesel and engine size,but the fuses are under the glove box,please advise,regards martin.

I believe the engine is a 2.0 and it is petrol. I don't have a diagram of the fuse boxes and which relays or fuses control what. Can you help in this matter?
I may need an American Mechanic.

Hi there,give me 5 mins and i will tell you the fuse locations,regards martin.

No, I don't want to switch to a phone call.
Please, switch me to someone who is familiar with American made Ford cars.
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Would you like me to help?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician