Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It is a 2010 Ford fusion. Two days ago the power steering…

It is a 2010...

It is a 2010 Ford fusion. Two days ago the power steering light came on where the odometer is. I restarted it and it went off and ran fine. Yesterday it wouldn't start and a padlock light was on. I restarted it and it runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

I just bought it in December so it had a good check

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

No noises

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't work on my car myself

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
1/8/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When it would not start would it at least crank and was the lock light flashing rapid while trying to start?

It states up just fine now with no warning lights

Do you have access to a scan tool to see if the prior events stored codes?

Are you there?
I don't work on it myself. Just want a diagnosis if possible

If you recall from the prior events.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
It cranks just fine and the light went off
6Bucs
6Bucs, Senior Master Tech
Phone call session started
It already deducted it I checked

Best I can do with the information you gave me. The battery voltage could be low, the PATS transceiver could be failing, a power steering control module sensor could be going bad.