Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 Saleen F150 auto trans is stuck in Park and will not…

Customer Question
My 2007 Saleen F150...

My 2007 Saleen F150 auto trans is stuck in Park and will not release...Can you help me the "fix"?...Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Starts OK with no trouble code but does not wan t to come out of Park...Has taken up to a minute or more to allow Shift into gear....Is there a solenoid or relay in the console that may be the bad?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried lubing the Park button and base of shift column with Wd-40...If possible I'd like to fix in my driveway but will use my Ford Dealer if this leads to something bigger.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Problem occurred infrequently in past few months but in last few days has occurred with each start of engine and is taking longer and longer to release from Park .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
1/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are your brake light working when you press the breaks?

Floor shift or column shift?

2007Saleen F150...NO brake lights and Floor Shift

Okay if the brake light are out that will cause this problem. Let's start first with checking the fuse #16 (10 AMP) located in the interior fuse panel to be sure you have power in and out of it. If its checks okay then move to the break light switch at the top of the brake pedal and see if you have power in and out of the switch with the brakes depressed and let me know what you find.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician