Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta with 53K miles, bought 2.5 years…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta with 53K miles, bought 2.5 years ago. It won't start this morning..the fan goes on intermittently, and there's a clicking sound, but nothing else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just started today. The fan sounds like it might be in the front dash, though I'm not sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnecting the battery (because headlights were staying on even when I used the key fob to try and turn them off). Beyond that I have no idea.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's an automatic push-button start with Powershift transmission...I've been hearing about a lot of issues with these.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
1/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

how old is the battery?

I have not replaced it since owning the vehicle.

ok, its time.

that's going to be the issue. a battery lifespan is 4-5 years and if you've never changed it then we have no idea how old it is.

hows it going?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician