Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 FORD F150 4X4 WE HAD SOME ICE IN DRIVEWAY PUT IT IN…

Customer Question
2013 FORD F150 4X4...

2013 FORD F150 4X4 WE HAD SOME ICE IN DRIVEWAY PUT IT IN 4WHEEL DRIVE HIGH WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF*****THE TRUCKK WONT MOVE IN ANY GEAR THE SPEEDOMETER GOES UP TO 40 TO 50 BUT TRUCK WONT MOVE

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2013 DIDNT CHECK BRAKE SWITH DONT KNOW WHERE IT AT MESSAGE CENTER SAYS CHECK 4X4 WITH A WRENCH IN THE MESSAGE CENTER IT ALSO SAYS TO MOVE TRUCK FORWARD TO DISENGAGE 4X4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO PULLED IT IN THE DRIVEWAY AND THEE IT SITS

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/8/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 6 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

You may have an issue where the 4x4 control module did not make the shit completely. SOunds like the transfer case is stuck in a neutral position. You can try to disconnect the battery cables for a few minutes and see if that resets anything. That works quite a bit of the time.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Did you make any progress with your*****or do you have any further questions on this?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!