Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 Ford Escape XLT fwd..this morning I noticed a small…

Customer Question
2012 Ford Escape XLT...

2012 Ford Escape XLT fwd..this morning I noticed a small leak on the driveway that appears to be transmission fluid...I topped it up with 1/3 of a bottle drive for a while and put cardboard under the spot... driver's side half way between battery and fire wall..maybe a seal..???

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you actually see the leak? And is the fluid itself bright red, or is it dirty?

It's red..clean..can't see it..seems to be dripping on driveway from framework.. couldn't really tell..can't see any moisture from above in motor area

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

No..will be talking in tomorrow..just recently purchased..with an extended warranty..just trying to be informed before then of the possibility

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's is thx

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 3 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, I am Randall. I am reviewing your question now and will reply shortly. You may see a popup for phone call request, That is not from me but rather the site. We can keep in the chat format or a call if you prefer.Call is an option not required. Thanks. Back shortly

Ok thx

There is kind of a few possibles on that side. We have fluid lines and the seals may? be leaking or there is in fact a bulletin about leaks from trans on the left side/drivers side which would be a output shaft seal leak. I am not there so no way to say what it is, your really not leaking large amounts but this is the time to go to shop and have looked at. I have attached a couple files. One showing the fluid lines on that side and one is the service bulletin, If nothing else this will arm you with some information they may not realize you have . Here are the file links. I have to stpe out for about 30 min, You can still return if any followups and I am her e to help but you may receive the info you requested from me, Here are the file links Hope all goes ok at the shop

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Thanks very much

Back now, You are welcome,. At least a little knowledge . and possibles

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page or top of your screen. Thank you

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician