Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ford f150 5.4 triton v8 and I have 9 codes. b4 I…

Customer Question
I have a ford...

I have a ford f150 5.4 triton v8 and I have 9 codes. b4 I had a P0022 code so I replaced the vvt silinoid. now I'm having all these other codes come up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I have reset it twice. codes are as follows P0340,P0345,P0300,P0303,P0304,P0316,( P0340 & P0345 again?) &P1000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ys

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The check engine light was blinking and i looked that up as well. i really don't want to dump unburnt fuel into me catalytic converter.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
anyone really there or am i just wasting my money?
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 6 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine even start and run?

why did you originally replace the vvt solenoid?
/

It idles fine when cold. But when i get going its a rough idle and rhen rhe Check engine light starts blinking
Can we just talk over the phone? To much to type. (###) ###-####

ok..you are saying that if you clear all codes that all these codes come right back?please explain

I just paid $36 for help that dont include a phone call?
Not mad just asking

i dont know how that works,,i dont have a phone call request...i am an independent mechanic that works for the site..i dont know how payments work.

They want another $26 to talk to you on the phone

yes,,there is a separate fee i know for a call

we can just do it here if you like

Wow k 1 sec there is alot to type

did that make it cheaper?

Originally I had a code P0022. It was the vvt siliniod for bank to off the camshaft. It was overly retarded then you ECM was allowing it to be. I replaced the VVT silinoid now all those codes are coming up
Bank 2

so,,you only had one code before replacing it/

how does it run?do you feel the miss-fires?

That and sensor for my break lights on my pedal. Thats fixed and fine
you only had one code before replacing it/7 Jan 2018, 2:47 PMMehow does it run?do you feel the miss-fires?
When I Start the truck in the morning it idles fine. When I get going the idol is rough and about to die and my truck sounds like a diesel engine when it's not
it misfires like crazy

it runs the same with the new solenoid as it did with the old one?

Actually it's kind of worse
I don't know because all the other parts were old and can't keep up with a new part or what

To avoid asking you to do something you’ve already tried, can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted?

The only thing I have done is just changed out the VVT silinoid off bank two

ok..

was the solenoid a ford product or a cheap china one?

It was a Ford product out of advanced auto
There are 3 setting screens that go around the end of the solenoid that go into the camshaft compartment and the middle screens were gone

yes,,that is common

and all those codes come right back after you clear them,,they all come back at the same time?

we cleared the Codes twice. Then went for a test drive and all those popped up even the check engine light was blinking which means that unburnt fuel is Going into my catalytic converter and could cause more problems so I'm afraid to move my truck at this point

when was the last time you gave it a tune up?

I recently did an alignment on my truck. They checked all the codes and check my fluids and checked my spark plugs and all that and everything was fine now all the sudden after I replaced the vvt everything is going haywire

ok..i will give you my thoughts on the matter,,will that work for you?

plz

ok..

the first thing you need to do here is to tune it up..new plugs and plug boots..even if you dont replace the plugs,,do replace those boots,,these will just get old and jump spark in the head causing this miss-fire problem..

i think you are getting the cam and crank sensor codes because of the missfire problem,,the computer is trying to retard and advance the timing to make up for the missing..

if it still misses after the plugs/boots..then return that vvt solenoid and get another,,sometimes you will get a bad new one.

if you still have a problem after all this,,then i think your problem may be the crank sensor..

i think replacing the plug boots and that bad new solenoid will fix you

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cnj0ov3ih4r6y5/0107-ford-Diagnostic%20Trouble%20Code.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/1cnj0ov3ih4r6y5/0107-ford-Diagnostic%20Trouble%20Code.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help