Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Blowes cold air inside and heats up. No leaks coolant is…

Customer Question
Blowes cold air inside...

Blowes cold air inside and heats up

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

No leaks coolant is full new thermostat and water pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

08 escape, when turning the heat on it comes warm for few seconds then turns to cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I pulled the hoses going to the heater core out and started the engine turned the heat on to high no water came out of the in hose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why is it also heater gage goes up when drivig and back to normal when stopping at a light or a stop sign

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford master technician and I would be happy to assist you with this today.

It sounds to me like the water pump is not currently able to keep up with the cooling system request. Since it cools down when you come to a stop that tells us that the pump is only efficient at low speeds/low volume. This is very common on a lot of the aftermarket water pumps. At this point I would probably be getting a new pump installed and then retesting. Short of a head issue the water pump is the only thing that would cause this