Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car will not start because of the security system. And…

Customer Question
The car will not...

The car will not start because of the security system

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes and even disconnected it for a few minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve tried to disconnect and contact the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just if he knows how to bypass the system

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
I’m out of town and would like to see if I can get on my way soon
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

If the security light is on solid or blinking when you fit the ignition key and turn to on then you have a problem with the key recognition . you will have to try a spare key or call out the local mobile locksmith .

These people will be able to come out and recode the key / keys. if you can make sure you have all keys with you

as they will have to be reprogrammed together if only one have him make you up a few more .

No bypass for your system on this ford .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

The security light is not turning on. The car is cranking but not turning over.

okay good then we now need to get hooked up and check for any malfunction codes .

?? when you say security light does not come on do you mean not at all even with the key removed .

Greg

Okay good, you need a good top level scan tool to check for immobilizer malfunction codes .

This normally is a malfunction with the immo unit .

You have done what you can do with disconnecting the battery ,so with out the needed diagnostic tools

you are stuck.

Let me just check a few wiring diagrams and i will get back to you.

Greg

Ok

Does the door key pad work .

Greg

but can’t remember code
It says 3-4 opens the door not sure if I push the 3-4 button once

That okay if it still working then first all you can do is with a test light check all fuses under the hood and inside the car right kick panal .

Code is a 5 figure for example 54369 .but if you press thr 7 and 9 together the doors will lock ,make sure you have the keys in your hand or window open lol.

Greg

How to find your code .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxMWL8saJbU

See if the security light comes back on after locking and unlocking the door ??

But i think we have a malfunction where you will need the diagnostic scan tool .

Rgds Greg

Is there anything else you can recommend for I’m out of town and no dealers are open today

Check in the local phone book for 24/7 mobile locksmith ,

They have the tools to help you with this issue .

Also check your cars insurance as in some company you will be covered.

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician