Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I'm not getting four-wheel drive when I turn the switch on…

Customer Question
I'm not getting four-wheel...

I'm not getting four-wheel drive when I turn the switch on the four-wheel high or 4-wheel low I get the lights but I don't get no four-wheel drive. This happened last year and again this year but I noticed last year when it happened when I was driving it must have been in four-wheel and it was a bang as I was taking a corner and it felt like it did pop out of four-wheel so whether that's related I don't know but I had the vacuum lines checked and they all work out the vacuum lines all checked out to be fine. So now I'm thinking of checking the motor that's on the shift whatever that thing is you guys are talking about and also the switch inside the truck I ain't that don't can't think of any other options after reading everything that I've read on here. Again I hit got the lights on the dash on both high and low they switch the high and low but I don't get no four-wheel drive I'll hit a clicking when I switch but that's it. Thanks for your help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No, that is a nother thing I'm going to check, would the fuse be the same for my power mirrors? Cuz my mirror s don't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

06 F150 Lorac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I started trying to fix it myself but I got a mechanic working on it with me but he's willing to work with me so I'm trying not to get screwed like half of these guys but so far we weeded out the vacuum problem and the selenoid the solenoids good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else other than the confusion with why my mirrors won't work I don't know if that's just a coincidence if it could have anything to do with a fuse if it's related to any of that but I doubt it but anyway other than that I can't think of anything else thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the hold up with my answer, and further more why is my card being charged so. I demand that my card gets credited let's forget the whole thing, a scam, I expect a response
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you own a jack to raise both front wheels off the ground so we can do a test?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician