Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Moon roof won't close. motors runs and slifes move but glass…

Customer Question
Moon roof won't close...

Moon roof won't close. motors runs and slifes move but glass poped out of guide?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No noise, opened ok, poped and won't close. Can see the slides move up and back but glass not attache to them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Edge Ltd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LTD yourself? What have you tried so far?

Removed the front glass connectons, but don't know whats going on

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician
Hi I would like to help you out. Have you removed the headliner to see the attachment point of where the glass attaches to the track. Usually this attachment breaks and the track will need replacement but you need to lower the entire headliner foran inspection.
guess you don't know what your talking about, can clearly see from the top the track point is disconnected from the glass attachment!
DONE !

Sorry if you knew where and how it is broke you would not be here. Correct? Sounds like you know everything so good luck repairing your vehicle. I will opt out since you can be helped or answer my info request. Good Luck

LAMO
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 3 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You still need help with this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5 star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Ron, ASE Certified Technician