Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will not start when I checked later all lights and dash…

Customer Question
It will not start...

It will not start when I checked later all lights and dash were on but won't detect key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 ford escape titanium

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to start it a nd now I can't get switches to go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lights and dash are bright but won't start or recognize key

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 6 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Open the center console. In the very bottom of the storage bin, there is a slot to rest the key down flat. Leave the key in that slot and see if the engine starts. That is called the back up slot.