Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 2000 ford f150 4.2 v6 truck that we have a

Customer Question
We have a 2000...

We have a 2000 ford f150 4.2 v6 truck that we have a camshaft sensor that is faulty. Can you tell me where it is located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The camshaft sensor. We have it checked for codes several times but have had no luck with what they tell us. The truck is back firing an not running smooth.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have put new ford spark plugs, wires, coil pack.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that is it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
1/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Here is engine picture diagram showing location of all the engine components and cam sensor front center of motor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl8bpocvoy0rm0e/2000%20f150%204.2%20engine%20diagram.pdf?dl=0

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for helping you. Thanks.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 3 months ago

Jaybird61
Jaybird61