Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The vent on my moonroof is stuck open, is there a way to…

Customer Question
The vent on my...

The vent on my moonroof is stuck open, is there a way to manually close it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2102 explorer limited

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Explorer?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I really haven't tried anything, I don't know what to do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/7/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hi I'm a Ford Senior Master Tech and I would like to help you out. Are you talking about the fabric air deflector that comes up when the glass is open? Is this the vent you talking about. Looking for a little more info to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Thanks

No, the moonroof vent. The moonroof tilts up, it is stuck in that position.
Ok got it. So if the glass itself is stuck up in the vent position it can not be manually closed because the cables will not allow it. Give me a minute and I will send you the instructions to reintialize the system. Give me some time and I’ll send that right over to you. Thanks

Below I have attached the instructions for the Motor Initialization. Sometimes the motor can loose initialization if the switch is pressed too long. Remember these are one touch operation so you don't have to hold the switch. Try the procedure below and see if your moonroof goes back to normal. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks

Hi I just wanted to check in and see if you were able reinitialize the motor yet?