Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 ford focus sometimes starts fine but will have no power…

Customer Question
2002 ford focus sometimes...

2002 ford focus sometimes starts fine but will have no power but if i turn off and on a few times it will be fine for awhile then if it sits a few hours might act up might not

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Fluctuates

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems electronic to me because if i turn it on or off 5 or 6 times sometimes it fixes itself dont know?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

do any warning lights come on when it is not running properly?

Had the check engine light code tested it came up as a coolant censore replaced that didn’t help replaced the coil pack and plugs and wires replaced fuel pressure relay on fuel rail also?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the symptoms you have described sound more like a throttle control system failure vs. anything else. Commonly the throttle body or wiring harness being bad.

I would recommend replicating the problem at a time when the vehicle can be monitored with a high end scan tool to see if any out of spec readings can be identified.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.