Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Ford Edge and the heat is not working at all.

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Ford Edge and the heat is not working at all. The fan will not come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No. We have had a major snow storm this week and the temperature here is now 10 degrees which is very unusual for this area. Prior to the decrease in temperature the fan would come on, but was making a clicking sound. I was in the process of finding a mechanic to check things out and the storm hit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not fixing it myself, but now I'm in a bad situation because I can't even defrost the windshield to drive it anywhere for a mechanic to look at it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No mam.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

What can I do to help?
Is it an auto system or manual climate control system?

Manual.

Thanks, ***** ***** just a moment, I think we could check the fuse for the blower motor at least and make sure it's good.

There are 2 possible fuses that could cause the blower to stop running. One fuse is in the fuse box under the hood and it will be #63 and should be labeled that way on the cover of the fuse box. The other fuse is inside the truck, this is fuse #45 and it should also be labeled that way. If either of these are blown it will stop the blower from running. Take a look and let me know. If not, then you may need to try taking a hair dryer to clear the windshield enough to get it to the mechanic.

I thought I would touch base and see if you needed any more help with this?

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician