Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery turns over but truck won’t start. Cleaned battery…

Customer Question
Battery turns over but...

Battery turns over but truck won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes. Cleaned battery terminals. Did not help. Tried a jump. Did not help.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 ford f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had just stopped at Lowe’s to pick up some drywall and truck would not start. It is in their parking lot right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do I check if it is either the solonold or starter?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

what size engine, please?