Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2012 ford fusion 12v socket no longer works and i can’t find…

Customer Question
2012 ford fusion 12v...

2012 ford fusion 12v socket no longer works and i can’t find the fuse on the fuse diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford Fusion. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Its both the console and the one in the armrest

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

There are two fuses that power the sockets and both are located in the underhood fuse panel. The fuses to check are the fuse F22 and the fuse F29. See the diagram in the link below. I have marked their location in the panel for you. Start with making sure they are in place and have power in and out of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j8py2ntn95jx5f/fuse%20Power%20point%20Jan%205.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I brought the fuses, haven't had time to install. hope to do it today, will advise

Before you replace them, make sure you have power to them. You will need a voltmeter to do this.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician