Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tail light fuse keeps blowing on my 1990 f350. Replaced all…

Customer Question
Tail light fuse keeps...

Tail light fuse keeps blowing on my 1990 f350

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes replaced all the bulbs with new ones also replace the light switch and everytime I hit a bump the fuse blow

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace all the bulbs, replaced the switch< replaced the switch pig tail, removed the trailer light plug

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So there is a short to ground somewhere I would suspect the harness is rubbing, this is not going to be easy to find, it will more than likely take a few hours to find this issue, but stay around the wires that look like they could be rubbing on something

Yeah there is that issue this all started after installing the stacks in the bed of my truck

I would carefully check around that area first something had to have happened

there is no wiring on the passenger side of the bed I checked that before I made the hole in it to put the stacks through
I have gone as far as replacing all the bulb sockets as well, soldered an heat shrieked all connections