Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

It's not getting anything to the starter. None. 2000 Ford…

Customer Question
It's not getting anything...

It's not getting anything to the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

None

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 Ford xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it just stopped on me at the gas station

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What model vehicle is this and which engine and auto/man transmission?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It will start up 1st thing in the morning but the rest of the day I must hit the fire wall solenoid with a screwdriver and tap the starter to crank it

Normally when you are having to tap the starter relay or the starter motor that means one or both is bad. If you can do some electrical tests and respond to the prior info request I sent, I can help you diagnose this.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician