Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power, shaking bad idle. Constant. 2007 expedition el.

Customer Question
No power, shaking bad...

No power, shaking bad idle

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 expedition el

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition EL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Scanned since MIl was on. P0012, replaces cam position sensor and crank position sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cleared code and restarted. Mil relit P0012 and now P2196 and 2197

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2018
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 6 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem and from the codes you get..the problem may be the variable timing solenoid, sometimes these can get dirty and sick..you could try removing the solenoid and cleaning it with carb cleaner then reinstall it and it may work fine,though you may need to replace it...i would think you are getting the lean/rich codes 2196 and 2197 because of the 0012 code

thanks

Parts InformationOEM Part #PriceVariable Valve Timing Solenoid

Solenoid

3L3Z6M280EA-$133.18

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvo3lkwd6vzvpve/0104-expedition-P0012.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/jvo3lkwd6vzvpve/0104-expedition-P0012.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help