Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 ford F150 the failsafe came on says low oil…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 ford F150 the failsafe came on says low oil pressure but when I restart the pressure is correct? any thoughts we are in a blizzard at the moment ?? thanks John

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

Check engine came on oil pump is original

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No stuck at work at the moment and with a blizzard probably not moving any time soon

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a reset protocol for the fail safe?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

John,
When its saying low oil pressure does the engine make any unusual noise like rattling?

no felt like loss of power

If in fact you loss power you may be losing oil pressure as well, you need to start first with scanning the computer to see if there are any fault codes setting and I would also remove the oil pressure sending unit and install a manual gauge and read the actual oil pressure to see if in fact, it is dropping on you.