Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ron, one time this morning it look likes the f250 stalled…

Customer Question
Ron, one time this morning...
Ron, one time this morning it look likes the f250 stalled again. I don't want the customer upset. Any ideas on what else we can do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is the computer setting any fault codes? Usually, after cleaning the TB you need to do some driving to help the computer relearn the complete strategies. Have you driven it around for a while?

no codes, i drove for about 7 miles. Cleaned it pretty well, unless there is a trick to it i don't know about
it ran outside for 30 min

Normal just some stop and go driving will do the trick. If not then that usually means there is a problem with the throttle body but normally that will set a code. I think you should do a bit more stop and go driving and see if it clears.

Good morning. I did lots of driving, and this morning it did not stall, but idle went down and it ran rough for a few seconds as if about to stall.

Are you dealing with the extream cold there? If it's not getting any fault codes I'm not sure you have a problem.

no it's definitely a problem. Other trucks are not doing it.

It's going to be pretty hard to determine the cause without having any fault codes.

Lol, yes, that's why i contacted you..:)
If we can't do it at the moment, since i already paid 26 dollars for the last conversation, i would appreciate it if you just cancelled this one. Thank you for your help any way.

If you can get me something to go on I'll do my best to help. I will cancel this one for you .